We are a Community Interest Company (CIC) based in North Shields and work across the borough of North Tyneside.
We were established in 1994 to engage with the community and voluntary sector, patients and carers on health and social care services.
We work by locality, service area and specific groups such as:
- People with Mental Health problems
- Older People
- People with Learning Disabilities
- BME Communities
- LGBT+ Communities
- Sensory Impairment
What we do
- Engage with a diverse range of groups in each of the four localities; North Shields, Wallsend, North West and Whitley Bay.
- Support the development of the Patient Forum across the GP Practices in North Tyneside.
- Facilitate associated special interest Working Groups.
- Co ordinate service visits and cascade information to everyone registered to our database.
Who we are
Hugh Welch – Director
Michele Spencer – Chief Officer/ Director
As the original member of staff employed in 1994 I was tasked with engaging with residents on the Community Care Plan, establishing networks with hard to reach groups as well as coordinating public meetings and focus groups. The views and experiences so willingly shared by people I have met over the years never cease to surprise me. I have always found it a privilege to ensure senior managers in services know what people think, how people have been treated and how the service has impacted on them. Over the years we have seen and been a part of many changes and restructures and our work and practices have adapted accordingly.
As Chief Officer I am responsible for ensuring the requirements of our Service Level Agreement with NHS North Tyneside CCG are met. This also means gathering and sharing patient experiences across North Tyneside with the appropriate organisations. Working with GP Practices across the borough supporting them to have robust patient participation, this ensures they have patient support during practice developments. We enthusiastically share information with the voluntary community sector.
Contact me at [email protected]